Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Palin Rally

After seeing the Palin rally, it really made me realize how much rallies are irrelevant to the voting process. All rallies are are a frat party for candidates, and the people going there are going to vote for that particular party anyway. I think that the debates rely more on how people vote, because each candidate can accurately explain what they want to do with the country (...hopefully).
I also think that political rallies deal mostly with party bashing. For example, Sarah Palin might say "John McCain wants to lower taxes, unlike Barack Obama." This does not accomplish much, because there is no background info involved, but is effective because the people at the rallies, who are already voting republican, have another reason to vote for John McCain.

Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed the experience of being at the rally. I really liked the fact that I got to see a potential vice president speak in my home town; I think it was a great opportunity to potentially witness history.

No comments: