Friday, October 3, 2008

Vice Presidential Debate

Overall, I think that there was no distinct winner in the debate. Palin did succeed expectations, but that does not mean that she won the debate by any means necessary. I think that they both did not answer the questions what so ever. Rather, they just bashed each other's opposing party, which I think was suspected. It's hard to have a vice presidential debate because they are obliged to reiterate what the presidential candidate stands for. So, they can't really have their own ideas because it might contradict the presidential candidates, which would be viewed as political blashphemy.

I was really upset with how the debate played out. None of the VP candidates answered any of the questions, and they did not back up any info relevant to the questions. Rather, Biden ranted about how Obama was better than McCain, and Palin ranted for an hour about energy.
Honestly, I could care less about either VP candidate. This debate showed me that they only care about party bashing, rather than focusing on what they want to do in The White House.

1 comment:

ktblash said...

Part of the issue is they actually won't be in the White House. Their role is simply sideline, potential sub selection. I appreciated that this point was in fact addressed during the debate.